The Somnoguard SP is one of the most advanced 'boil and bite' mandibular splint available. Very effective to stop snoring or may treat mild-moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. Can also be an alternative (not as effective) option for those with more severe OSA but are intolerant of CPAP therapy.
Product: SomnoGuard SP Mandibular Splint Estimated
The latest innovation from Tomed. The new SomnoGuard SP Soft mandibular advancement device (MAD) is a two-part adjustable appliance with improved comfort and greater durability. Two-part incrementally adjustable mandibular advancement device.
Each of the two identical hard polycarbonate trays is filled with a soft copolymer which, when heated, takes perfect impressions of the teeth for a secure and comfortable fit. The connecting mechanism is on the cheek side of the device rather than the tongue side so the design provides unrestricted space for the tongue. From a choice of six different lengths, a pair of equal length connectors are fitted, one either side of the device, to couple the two parts together to a maximum advancement of 10mm. SomnoGuard SP Soft can be worn by patients with retrognathia (a receding lower jaw / weak chin).
Specific features :
- Moulded easily at home in about 10 minutes one tray at a time.
- Can be moulded over and over again.
- Comfortable and small.
- Incremental advancement of the lower jaw up to 10mm.
- Impression material in the channels grips the teeth firmly.
- Excellent retention in the mouth during sleep.
- Suitable if you have a few missing teeth.
- Very low bite opening, i.e., the distance between the upper and lower incisors is only about 2 or 3mm.
- 2-piece design allows side-to-side movement of the jaw.
- Mouth breathing possible - useful if you have a cold.
- No metals used.
- Spare set of connectors included.
- Lightweight and durable construction.
If you're unsure if this is the right OSA/Snoring treatment option for you, please seek medical advice from your doctor or sleep physician before purchasing. Or discuss with one of our CPAP Consultants.
Please note: Although this oral appliance is manufactured in two versions: SomnoGuard SP Soft and SomnoGuard SP Hard, we are only offering the SP Soft to the general public. The SP Hard version is rather difficult to mould and only a dentist or doctor should carry out the fitting following appropriate training.
The lining of the SomnoGuard SP Soft is made from a transparent copolymer - the same lining is used in the Tomed SomnoGuard AP. The impression material provides a firm grip on the teeth after moulding and is more comfortable than the SomnoGuard SP Hard.